Table of Contents
We may collect personal information from Users who visit our Site, such as:
- your first and last name, e-mail, username and password when you create a demo account or an account to log in to our network (“Account”);
- if you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, to send you a reply;
- when you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information; or
- we may also collect personal information at other points in our Site that state that personal information is being collected.
In providing fire and emergency reporting management solutions, Subscriber Companies determine what types of personal data to provide via our Services. This information may include a wide range of employee and patient data such as location, contact information, health, demographics, training, tracking, and billing.
Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends and User movement around the Site, administer the Site, gather demographic information about our User base, and better tailor our Services to our Users’ needs.
We may collect information about you and other individuals from the following third-party sources: (i) third parties who license, sell or otherwise provide data they have collected; or (ii) information from publicly available sources, such as via the Internet and social networks.
Emergency Reporting processes data submitted by Users and Subscriber Companies.
We may process personal information from Users who visit our Site, such as to:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a User in our system;
- provide improved administration of the Site;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- respond to your inquiries or requests;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; or
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Emergency Reporting.
In providing fire and emergency reporting management systems, Emergency Reporting processes data submitted by Subscriber Companies to provide the Services. To meet its contract obligations, Emergency Reporting may access, correct, transfer, or follow other Subscriber Companies’ directions relating to the processing of the Services’ data.
Emergency Reporting stores data submitted by Users to the Site and Canadian Subscriber Companies on servers in Canada. However, certain data may be transferred outside Canada as follows:
- Emergency Reporting may access User or Subscriber Company data from facilities in the United States to respond to service requests or inquiries from the User or Subscriber Company of its own data; and
- Emergency Reporting uses a Microsoft authentication service to authenticate Subscriber Company personnel who have access to the Services and Users who set up demo accounts. Data is stored on servers in the United States. Data transferred is limited to your first and last name, e-mail, username and password. All data is encrypted during transit and while at rest.
Note: Emergency Reporting does not control or limit locations from which Users or Subscriber Companies may access any of their own data.
o Subscriber Companies. The personal information provided by the Subscriber Companies may be analyzed or combined with other information and shared with the same Subscriber Companies as part of the Services. Subscriber Companies may also direct Emergency Reporting to share certain information, information summaries, and/or analysis with government and non-government agencies.
o Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third-party service providers to provide the Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate the creation of Accounts; to provide technical support; to provide other services to Emergency Reporting, or to provide features to Subscriber Companies who have entered into agreements with third-parties.
o User Feedback. We often receive comments from Users. We may post User feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting your name with your feedback.
o Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content or improve the navigation of our Site or Services. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
You may change any of your personal information by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that legal requirements may dictate that information be retained for specified periods of time and we may not be able to honor your request until the expiration of that time period. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
In some circumstances, Emergency Reporting has limited ability to identify and access individual personal data that our Subscriber Companies have submitted to the Services. If you wish to request access, to limit use, or to limit disclosure, we may first refer your request to the Subscriber Company who submitted your personal data, and we will support them as needed in responding to your request.
Emergency Reporting is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Emergency Reporting uses reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, Emergency Reporting cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Emergency Reporting does not target its offerings toward any person under 18 years of age. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under the age of 13 or who requires verification of parental consent in your jurisdiction, please contact us at email@example.com and we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. When a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals.
Emergency Reporting – Attn: Privacy Office, 2200 Rimland Dr., Suite 305, Bellingham, WA 98226
Attn: Privacy Office
2200 Rimland Dr., Suite 305, Bellingham, WA 98226
Published on April 1, 2020.